Thursday, July 22, 2010

San Isabel

Part of the reason why I have been such a terrible blogger this month, is because Josh and I got some adventure bug this summer and have just been go-go-go. Last week, we just randomly decided to take part in the yearly adventure Josh's dad always takes to San Isabel, Colorado. We are on a kick lately of going places we have never been. And neither of us had ever been, much less heard of San Isabel.

It was absolutely gorgeous. And the most fun I have ever had camping. Little Charlie literally had a puppy smile on his face the entire time. It was awesome. You see? This was camping my style. Sure, we slept in a tent on the ground (let me tell you, you never realize you are not as young and spry as you once were until you sleep on the side of a mountain for 3 nights.) We hiked. We cooked over a campfire. But there were bathrooms...okay it was a glorified outhouse, but ya know what? It beats the heck out of peeing in the woods. Last time I tried that, I missed and peed on my foot. I was in flip flops. And then when I had to go in the middle of the night, there was tall wavy grass that tickled my butt and sent me screaming out of the woods while trying to dress myself. Not fun. Not. Fun.

It was the most relaxing, perfect getaway. And I got some amazing photos.

 
Here's the view as we drove into camp. 

 
Here's what we got to look at while taking Charlie on a 6:00 am puppy hike. 

The most awesome thing about camping in the mountains, is that you lose your sense of time. You rise with the sun. And go to bed shortly after it sets. Its so peaceful. 

  
Here's that puppy smile I was talking about.  

Halfway through the first day, we tied Charlie's leash around a tree, so he could chill while we ate lunch and stuff. I got up to go get a bottle of water and use the restroom and by the time I got back, Charlie had chewed through his leash. He was dangling by two teeny threads. Luckily we had bough this steel cable so we had to use that as a makeshift leash the rest of the trip. I still have blisters. Ouch!

My two favorite (and most handsome) boys in the whole world.

 
Chilling with my little booger by the beautiful stream alongside our camp. 

We hiked, ran, splashed in the river and even played a couple random games of volleyball there in the middle of the mountains. We also went on another adventure to a crazy place, but that will be in my next post.

 
Mountain Vball with the new fam. You can see me in the upper left (blue and white shirt) being very concerned, not about the game per se, but about what I was standing in. :) Such a girl. 

We even took a day trip to San Isabel Lake. Charlie was in love with it. He just sat there on the edge of the water, staring off across it. Barking at ducks. Slapping the water like a cat. He did not want to jump in. Josh dropped him in a shallow part and you would have thought we electrocuted him. He disowned us for about 5 minutes after that. 

A wet puppy at the lake. 

*sigh* I just love Colorado. IN THE SUMMER. Come winter, I will not be so charming and chipper about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment