Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Babies

The time has come, to inform the world...that I have not just been staring blankly at a computer screen on a day to day basis. I have, in fact, been working on these babies. Hilariously enough, they STILL are not fully complete. But one day, my mom, my sister and I decided we needed to buckle down. So we did. We stamped, embossed, glued, and assembled the main portion of my invites (all 100 of them) in about 4 hours. I <3 teamwork

.
 
Aren't they beautiful?

I bought that amazing stamp at my new favorite place: paper source. It was only $7.00! After scouring every craft store known to man, it was apparent that no stamp I could buy in a store could ever be as beautiful as this one. I designed the wording, and went to the coolest website ever, Dafont.com to download the file for that gorgeous script you see there. It is called "Chopin Script" if you care to know such things. 

As we were doing these, we got it down to an assembly line. First, we cut and glued all the blue backing cardstock on there. Then, I stamped, mom dusted on the embossing powder and Meghan ran the heat gun over it. Doing it this way went so fast! Pretty soon, we had all the inserts lined up, stamped and ready to go:


This was a very exciting step, seeing as how the previous four weeks had been spent trying every conceivable combination of ink/embossing powder to get the desired effect. We ended up using a chestnut brown stamp pad and "super fine" clear embossing powder. We had bought 4 different embossing powders before and since my stamp was so intricately detailed, after embossing it just looked like a big goopy mess. The super fine powder stuck to all the little nooks and crannies and embossed beautifully.

Now, the invites are primarily done. We just need to print, cut and assemble the inserts to go in the pocket. And of course make the belly-bands. I did find the perfect ribbon to use on these beauties. 

  

We plan on knocking out the rest of the invites this weekend. Then comes the daunting task of addressing them and dropping them at the post office. I made the mistake of dropping my save the dates in the mail at our apartment complex, and I just recently found out that over half of them either didn't get delivered to the proper people at all or they got delivered but they were mangled beyond all reason. I may or may not have thrown a teeny tantrum over this. After all, I worked really hard and spent good money making them...but alas. Lesson learned. 

Personally, I feel like my invitations are so gorgeous. They don't even look especially DIY. They have a vintage, custome made boutique look to them and I am in love. Of course, every mother thinks their child is the most beautiful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment