Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hair!

Over the years, I have had pretty much every hair color imaginable. Lucky for me, I have the blessing of having a skin tone that can pretty much pull off any hair color. I am normally a very humble person, but in this instance I must be honest: I also have really good hair. And a ton of it. Recently, we have been fighting, since I found quite a number of shiny silver ones up in there.

Shall we take a look at all the shades of Christy?

About 3 years ago, I chopped all my hair off (15 inches!) It actually had *something* to do with that horrendous, all inclusive break-up Josh and I had. I've mentioned this sad sad moment before. I also stopped dying my hair in hopes to remember its natural color. This is what I looked like then:

 
(Oh and that's my super adorable Matron-of-Honor, Bri)

Since then, I have had a little hair multiple personality disorder. When it's winter, I like to go dark. Less upkeep. Goes better with winter color clothing (gray, dark red, navy, etc.)
 
This is one of my favorite colors. Kind of a light auburn. Brings out the green in my eyes. :)

Sometimes, when I have remnants of several color jobs going on, I go all out DARK...just because I can. My mom hates when I do this. :) I think she secretly thinks I am going goth...I am a little obsessed with vampires. *ahem*

This is a super dark burgundy color. I wanted to be different. And I loved my hair this dark. Til I started noticing gray, that is.

I do tend to get a little bored with just "brunette" or "blonde" so I switch it up and ask my amazing hair dresser to put three colors in my hair at once:
 
Here, I was rocking Kelly Clarkson inspired hair: dark base, bleached streaks and fire engine red streaks. My hair doesn't like fire engine red. It fades fast. SAD day. By the way, this is the signature "Christy smirk." It makes a reappearance frequently. 

Then, there was this one time I decided to be a little naughty. And spend $180 dollars on my hair. I wanted it lightened. A lot. I'd say I got my wish:
 
And that's when it happened. I think I fell in love with being a blonde. It just looks so pretttttty. And it makes my olive-y skin look all peaches and cream. :)

It seems everyone in my life wants me to have dark hair instead though, maybe they're just affraid of change (I know I am not...at least when it comes to my hair)...so I bit the bullet, tucked away the wallet (which was very happy not to have to do the upkeep on blondie blonde hair anymore) and looked to my girl crush, Sophia Bush, for hair inspiration for our engagement photos. 

Sophia Bush is stunningly gorgeous. And she is constantly rocking this amazing auburn hair. I like being a redhead too..but I had my hairstylist throw in some blonde streaks too, cause I'm a rebel like that:
 
I feel as though this hair color is gorg-eous. But it does make me look a little pale. Which I suppose is normal for redheads...

And thus began my latest "dilemma." Which of the above looks did I want for my wedding day? All my bridesmaids voiced their opinions. And they all bless their crazy little hearts said they wanted me to do the super dark burgundy/black color again. Which I like. I like it a lot. But something was just not sitting right with me about it. 

My wedding is all ivory and blush. Fluffy garden roses and puffy romantic dress. To me, burgundy dark hair had no place here. That would be beautiful with a 1940s inspired lace mermaid gown and calla lillies. Red lips and smoky eyes. If I could have two weddings, that's what I would do. 

So basically, since I like to be defiant sometimes, ask my dad he'll tell ya! I decided to go sit in a salon chair for FOUR hours while my poor, sweet hair dresser toiled away. This is what I looked like after 62...yes sixty two foils had been placed all over my head:
 
I know, sexy...right??

All this was so that I could once again live my dream of being a blonde again on my wedding day. Don't worry, lovely bridesmaids...I did not go all platinum like last time. I am deciding to call it "honey blonde" and I LOVE it. I can just picture it all swept up in a loose, wavy, romantic chignon with a big floaty flower behind my ear. I am sorry I cannot please everyone on this...but for once...just let me have fun bein' a blonde otay???

  
See? No platinum here! Just pretty, sunny, honey blonde. I am a happy girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment