Monday, March 1, 2010

7 Months

Today is March 1st...meaning that in exactly SEVEN months, we will be sealing our marriage with that all important kiss. Even though we have been engaged for over a year, I still get these crazy excited and nervous butterflies each time one of these date milestones comes around.

In this day and age, I feel as though more focus is paid to the actual day of the wedding rather than celebrating the actual love between two people. I know that my wedding day will be beautiful, special and something that I will remember my whole life, but more important than that is knowing that on that day, October 1, 2010, Josh and I will be binding ourselves together forever. The thought gives me goosebumps. Of course, I have the dream dress, the gorgeous chapel and the fairytale reception, but the most important part of all that is that while everyone is caught up in all of that on our wedding day, I get to walk down the aisle and meet Josh there. Every one of my bridesmaids has told me it will be hard for them not to cry during our ceremony. This sentiment is so special to me, not that it is my life's ambition to make people cry, but these wonderful girls who are my very best friends have been through the ups and downs of Josh and my relationship with us; they have seen the struggles, they know how much we love eachother, and the fact that on the day we promise ourselves to each other for eternity, my friends will care enough to cry tears of joy for us is so incredibly touching. Josh is such an amazing man, sometimes I wake up afraid that the dream ended somewhere during the night. He is literally my best friend, I feel safe with him, he makes me laugh, he makes everything all better...he knows me. It is the most comforting thing in the world to know that at the end of the day, there is going to me someone at home who knows all my crazy attributes and (dare I say) flaws and loves me anyway! I am so scared that one day this dream will end...then I look down at my beautiful engagement ring and I remember: he chose me, he loves me and this IS a dream, one that is ours forever and will not end. I better invest in some heavy duty waterproof mascara before the wedding. Right now, I am of the impression that SEVEN months feels so far away. I know these months will fly by considering all we still need to do...so I am going to try and take it day by day and enjoy this process.

According to The Knot (aka the Bridal Bible), these are the things we need to get accomplished this month. I am going to keep coming back and updating this blog as we get these things done so that we have a physical reminder of them. I *heart* checklists, so here we go!


* Make sure to appraise and insure your engagement ring.  
(Ironically, I would have never thought of this on my own, but it makes sense! I need to look into this)
***We called USAA today (3/13/10) to ask about this and found out it would only cost $4 a month. We put the sparkly on there and completed another task. Woo hoo!!***

*Start taking better care of yourself. Get in wedding day shape by eating right, Exercising or hiring a personal trainer. 
(Oh, Lord do I need to do this. Thankfully, Josh used to be a personal trainer so we are already equipped with that knowlege. Now, if I could just get the motivation. I am that annoying person who wants to work out one time and see killer abs. I think I may start the P90x program, aka DEATH!)
(2.5 weeks: 7 inches and 5 lbs lost. Work in progress)
(4 weeks: 14.5 inches and 10lbs lost. Getting close!)

 
* Envision your Wedding Flowers and set up appointments with florists in your area to discuss your options. Put down a deposit to ensure their services. 
(It should not come as a surprise that the flowers I love are nowhere NEAR in season in October...I am told flowers can be shipped from anywhere for a cost. Haha. I drool over peonies, ranunculous and anemones.)

* Start looking for and auditioning reception Bands/DJS. Then, book one. 


* Decide on your Officiant and set up a meeting to plan the wedding ceremony and to talk about any religious requirements such as premarital counseling.
(My mom has an amazing coworker and friend who has offered to marry us. Not only is she very special to us, she will be able to make our wedding day even more special because she knows us and has for a long time. We are so excited to have Ms. Brandi tying the knot for us!)

* Make sure everyone in your bridal party is aware of what is expected of them. Give lists to bridesmaids and groomsmen to outline their duties. 
(Sometime this month, I am going to take all my girls out for dinner or drinks and celebrate and officially go over everything. Probably on this day, we will go order their dresses.) 

* Begin looking for local cake bakers, set up appointments for Cake Tasting and brainstorming. 

* Complete your Wedding Registry.  
(So so so much fun. It was like shopping without spending any money! I had to keep telling Josh that Plasma TVs and Universal Remotes were not appropriate items to put on a wedding registry, lol)

* Get measurements from bridesmaids or take them to the dress shop to get measured. Have them Order Bridesmaid Dresses. 


* Look around and then select Ceremony Musicians. Put down a deposit and sign a contract. 
(This one is in the works. I met a young girl at a bridal show who is a harpist. Yes, a HARPIST. I heard her play Canon in D, tears sprang to my eyes and I HAD to have her)
(Deposit paid March 28, 2010!) 


* Plan your Rehearsal Dinner. Look around at local restaurants, make the reservations. 
(Josh's family has very graciously offered to do this for us. I cannot express how nice it is to have one bug HUGE check off the list and that I don't really even need to worry about!)

* Start working on Invitation Design and wording.  

* Schedule a Tasting for Reception Menu. 

* Start Envisioning Reception Centerpieces.  


Wow, that looks like a lot all spread out like that...gotta take on the attitude of a cute little train right now, "I think I can, I think I can!"

No comments:

Post a Comment