Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Progress

I am on the fourth day of my new exercise program. I feel AWESOME! I tend to always procrastinate working out because I convince myself that it's going to be terrible. In all honesty, its just the first day that is a butt-kicker, and the other days come much easier. Once I actually start working out, I always remember how good it feels.

What amazes me is the immediate change I am seeing and feeling. What Josh and I came up with to ease me back into exercising is a blend of several methods that I actually wanted to do. There is a program called P90x. Its also often called the "Beach body diet" and it is intense. I believe I could do it, maybe after I build my strength and endurace up. It also costs $120 that I don't have right now. So...thanks to the beatuy of Netflix, I can stream workout videos for free onto my T.V. The one that I found that looked challenging but not deadly and the one that Josh watched and approved is by Self Magazine. It's called Bikini Ready Fast. Despite the picture of beautiful Brooke Burke on the cover, it promised drastic results in as little as 4 weeks. I know they put those claims on the covers in order to sell the product, but hey...it works. I am not overweight and I am not drastically out of shape. I just happen to be a little jiggly in places I do not wish to be, so this video will give me great results, I can already tell. 4 days in.

The Bikini Ready Fast video is tought by Ellen Barrett, who apparently coaches celebrities in a type of fitness called "Ballet Pilates." Since the body I naturally have and dream of is more of a long, lean, dancer's body...this is perfect for me. Therefore, the video focuses on basic pilates/yoga moves enhanced with light dumbbells and lots of repetitions. The killer is that you do every exercise in a squat, lunge or plie...the first time I did it I was like, "oh my GOD! kill me now." But I suffered through it and though I was sore as hell the next day, I reveled in the soreness. Sore is good. Sore means something is happening. If it doesn't hurt, its not worth it! This video is awesome, it mainly focuses on making your arms and back slimmer while making your butt and thighs slimmer. There is some standing ab work, but I want killer abs...like I used to have, and for this, there was really only one option.

The P90x program has a specific workout called the Ab Ripper X and during the 90 days of the program, you essentially do this ab workout every other day. I decided there really was no better way to get abs fast. And fast is what I like...me and patience are not very good friends. I got it approved by my personal trainer (aka Josh) and began it yesterday. All I can say is O.M.G. oh yeah, and ow. It was amazing! I loved every second of that torture. Seriously, I have tried so many ab workouts, I even had one of those Ab Rollers once. This video is only like 20 minutes long, but it is insane. Throughout that 20 minutes you do over 350 ab targeting exercises. And you feel it burn. The whole time. I was very impressed with myself, I guess most people cannot get through the whole thing with all the reps the first couple times. I only had to stop for a stretch once and I hopped right back in. Oh and by the way, since I cannot afford this program, I found the Ab Ripper uploaded on youtube.

This morning I woke up sore....I need to remember not to get overly excited about working out and overdo it. It was the first day that it was really hard for me to get through my bikini ready workout. I was tired. But I fought through it and I am so happy. I took my body measurements on the first day that I began working out and hopefully I will begin to see a change soon. These photos are going to be my inspiration for my new body, yay:

Gorgeous Alessandra Ambrosio (of Victoria's Secret). I like how she is thin and fit but not all bones like Nicole Richie.


And right now, I am completely obsessing over Jen Aniston's legs. Well, she's kinda the whole package but I'll just shoot for the legs for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment