Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Why I'm the Luckiest

In my search for the perfect song to go with our slideshow, I remembered a song that I used to love. You know those songs that you have on mix CDs that you always forget about? It's called "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds. It is a love song so simple and pure that makes me feel so blessed to have what I have. At one point in the song, the lyrics say:

"I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot.
Now I know all the wrong turns, 
The stumbles and falls brought me here."

I cannot think of a truer sentiment for Josh and I's relationship. We made mistakes. Alone and with each other. We hurt each other, we were selfish, we were young...but we learned. And all that learning brought us together again. Feeling pretty sentimental lately caused me to look back to something Josh wrote for me not too long ago. I had asked him when we were like 18 to write me a love letter. He always said he did not know how to say what he wanted. I would often get my feelings hurt by this...but then he surprised me with this, and I realized...I am the LUCKIEST. 
FOR MY CHRISTY

How does one interpret love and write about it. Especially when the one is a guy and has trouble putting thoughts together into comprehensible sentences? This is why it took me so long to write something honey. Okay well I'm going to try a list of why I love my beautiful fiancee and we'll go from there.

1. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.
2. She is one of the smartest people I know.
3. She makes some mean French dip.
4. She has the cutest smile and when I really do something funny she crinkles her nose.
5. She is loyal
6. She tells me when I'm being a pain in the ass
7. She is so dam cute when she's mad, hence me being a pain in the ass.
8. It takes her forever to get ready to go anywhere because she has to go through every outfit in the closet. Even though she looks gorgeous in anything.
9. She puts her heart and soul into everything she does
10. She has the most amazing voice that puts me in awe everytime she sings.
11. She is a cute even when she's fussy.
12. She takes care of me when I am not well.
13. Her hugs and kisses make all my problems disappear.
14. She giggles uncontrollably when she has something to drink.
15. She loves and wants every baby animal she sees
16. She has a wonderful family...even you Tim
17. She is so good with children
18. She lets me be me.

This is a very short list but if I kept going I would spend a lifetime trying to list it all. I'd much rather spend a lifetime with her so, lets sum it up to this I just love that girl's love. With her behind me I feel like I can do anything. I am the luckiest man in the world to have Christy Noel as my fiancee. So there you go. I finally did it honey. I know I'm not poetic nor did I write a symphony, but I gave you what I'm gonna give you for the rest of my life... the best an honest, loving and simple man can give. I love your love the most baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment