Tuesday, March 9, 2010

For the Love of Flowers

My Knot checklist told me to start thinking about my flowers...so basically, I cannot STOP thinking about flowers. Pretty flowers, ugly flowers, flowers that are going to make me sneezy and miserable on my wedding day, flowers that will look good in photos. Wow. Just flowers. This post is mostly going to be in photos.

First, let me start with what I do not want under ANY circumstances. (aka: if I show up at the flower shop and this is what I get, I might throw a teeeeeeeeensy bit of a hissy fit.) This is what I have affectionately dubbed, "the bonker." Yes, I am extremely eloquent, damn it. It is called this because it seriously reminds me of that game, Whack a Mole. You know, the "bonker" that you use to bop the poor creatures on the head. The super sculpted round shape, the completely wrapped stems. Just yuck. If I had this bouquet, I would really be tempted to walk around all day bopping people on the head...not good.

nonoflowers

Okay...deep breath...now that THAT is out of my system, we can focus on what I DO want. *smile* First of all, I am in LOVE with peonies. Honestly, what bride isn't? I honestly daydream about how lush and full and romantic they are. Exhibit A:


Sigh. They are just gorgeous. My wedding gown is not white. It is sort of a gold/champagne color and I feel like the floaty look of light pink and cream peonies would be the perfect complement. 

 

I also have these amazing cascading bustles down the side of my dress. Inside of those bustles are these amazing handmade flowers that look just like my next favorite flower: Ranunculus.

 flowers8

Ranunculus have that super fluffy, lush look of peonies that I love. And for the look of my overall bouquet, I am hoping to create a mostly cream and light antique-y pink look. Besides these flowers being in my bouquet, I MUST have Anemones. French Anemones to be exact. How adorable and whimsical are these?


I am in love with the contrast of the dark middle with the light, floaty petals. Floaty...apparently that is my prerequisite for flowers. I like it. Anemones even come in this gorgeous color. Come on, picture it stuck in a big, fluffy bed of ivory and light pink peonies and ranunculous. You know you want to:
flowers2

Hilariously enough, there is no photo I can find of my dream bouquet but that's okay. I know all the components I love, and we'll just try to make it fit together. This one is absolutely beautiful though, I would love this if only the ranunculus were that pink color I am fascinated by.

flowers6


Now that they're posted on the blog, maybe they can clear out of my head and let me get in some actually coherent thoughts today! The next step would be finding a wonderful florist who can bring my floral fantasy to life. I better get ready for that fantasy to hurt the pocketbook a little as peonies and ranunculus are spring flowers. Hmm, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment