Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Photo Slideshow

I spent my afternoon today rifling through shoeboxes and albums of baby pictures of Josh and myself. The idea is to have a little slideshow set to music with photos of us growing up leading into photos of our first dates and finally, recent photos of us. I now have an enormous stack of photos to scan into my computer and because I really am THAT obsessive compulsive, then I am going to edit them all in Photoshop (brighten them up, fix any scratches, etc.) As much fun as I thought this project was going to be, I was already annoyed halfway through. It is completely hilarious and fun to look back at those pictures and remember so many things: my brother catupulting my sister across the room and breaking her wrist (we didn't know until 3 weeks later). My dad looking like a caveman when he returned from his trip to Antarctica...yep, you read that right. My very depressing hair phase when I was about 5 and my brother decided to be my personal stylist...I had A-symmetrical bangs for 2 years. Nowadays, that look is fashionable, who knew?!

Even more fun than that is looking at Josh growing up. He was the cutest child ever. I keep telling him, "I hope our kids get your teeth" (I was looking lots like Bugs Bunny during that awkward 8-12 phase, eek). It's also really fun to see Josh's relatives who I am now familiar with when they were much younger. I can't promise anything, but we are going to try to keep the embarrassing feathered hair, 80's glasses photos to a minimum. :)

The other aspect to this project is finding the music to fit. I am one of those people who falls in love with lyrics, my iTunes is more eclectic than any I have ever seen. Anyways, rambling aside, I KNOW there is a perfect song out there just hiding in a shady corner of my beloved iTunes eluding me. The bigger problem is that I love too many songs. I ask Josh and he goes, "it sounds good...I don't really even pay attention to the lyrics." Maybe that is normal? Maybe I am the only person who will automatically disqualify a song if it has a lyric that just does not FIT us...and I'm talking one line...out of the whole song. Again with the obsessive compulsive! I am trying to pick songs that represent our separate roads of growing up and then culminating in us falling in love. There are lots of cliche songs that do this (Bless the Broken Road -Rascal Flatts, *ahem*) and like most things, I have to be unique!

Here are some of my favorites that are contenders at the moment:
* Two is Better than One - Boys Love Girls with Taylor Swift
* Then - Brad Paisley
* Fireflies - Faith Hill
* We Belong Together - Gavin DeGraw
* So Close - Jon McLaughlin (this is my absolute favorite, I think <3)
* 1,2,3,4 - Plain White T's
* The Day Before You - Rascal Flatts
* The Luckiest  - Ben Folds

I feel as though a song with a slower tempo will be easier to make a slideshow to, but who knows. Thoughts? Help an OCD girl out!

1 comment:

  1. I am really hooked on "If not for you" by Joey and Rory. It is on my facebook. I think it would be a lovely background for your slideshow.

    ReplyDelete