Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Oh, August.

Helloooo World!

August
has
gone
by
way
too
flipping
fast.

Here we are: 5 weeks until the wedding, and sooooo much left to do. The funny thing is, I am not stressed about any of it! I have this new frame of mind, it goes something like this: Everything will be fine. And if everything is not perfect, no one will even notice!

Maybe its denial. Or Exhaustion. Whatever it is, I like it.

Josh and I finally decided it was time to move again. We had been nurturing this wild hair that we would actually be able to get into a house before the wedding. The only problem with that theory? Uhm...a wedding in the middle of that dream. But oh well. We decided we would just move to a cute little one bedroom apartment for a year and try to save up the money for a down payment.

Last Saturday, we drove to a couple apartment complexes in our area. This time around, we were looking for something a lot cheaper than the "Luxury Apartment Home" we lived in last time. Psssh. "Luxury." I am pretty sure all that meant was fake crown molding and built in bookshelves. As we looked around, we found that was exactly the case. We were looking at apartments way bigger than the one we used to live in, but hundreds of dollars cheaper. All because there were no lame "amenities" like crown molding.

We selected our favorite, which ended up being our favorite because they have a community doggie park! And they offer free Comcast. Two big perks. There's lots of space and it seems like a clean, peaceful apartment complex. We get to begin moving our stuff in this weekend, although technically our move in date is not til September 1st.

Its so crazy to think that the day we move into our new home will be exactly ONE MONTH until our wedding. Phew.

I have my "bustling" appointment this Friday. I've been forewarned that it sucks. A Lot. Around three hours of standing on a pedestal in 4.5 inch high shoes while I get pinned, tugged and pulled every which way. YAY! But after that, the dress is allllllllll mine!!!

My latest task that I-just-don't-want-to-care-about is the wedding cake. Its funny that at the end of all this, something that was so monumental to me at first, I just really do not care about! I know we need one though, so I will have to tackle that really quickly.

*Sigh* I know it is coming up so fast, but it still feels like so far away. I cannot believe in five weeks, I'll be walking down the aisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment