Saturday, August 28, 2010

Movies!

Day 2/30: Your Favorite Movie

I won't even bore you with the typical speech about how I cannot just select one thing in life. Just know this: its not possible. 

I love all kinds of movies, I am even that girl who loves to go see an action movie in theaters. Something about the explosions and super loud speakers. It is exciting! I love when movies cleverly reference other movies or books. I love actors and actresses. And celebrities. I make it a habit to check PerezHilton.com on a regular basis. Yep...I am just that cool. 

Here are (some of!) my favorites!!!

DO.NOT.LAUGH.
I am being absolutely one hundred percent serious when I say that this is my absolute favorite movie. It came out when I was about 11. Back when the Leo DiCaprio fad was sweeping the nation. And yes, I had a lifesize poster of him next to my bed. I went to see this movie with my whole family on opening weekend. I don't think my parents were fully prepared for the booby scene. Awkward! After that, I saw it about 12 more times in the theaters and also reserved my VHS! copy at Blockbuster. I remember that it came in a two tape set, and I would always just watch the first tape so I didn't have to watch the sad parts. The other day, I found it in the $5 DVD bin at Wal Mart. I had to buy it. I can recite this entire movie from start to finish. I love it. It started a life long adoration of Kate Winslet and Leo. On a completely unrelated note, I despise James Cameron. He just seems like a money hungry jerk, trying to take the claim of releasing the "best movie ever made" Avatar?! Uhm. No.


This is my go to movie when I am having a bad day. I cannot be in a bad moon if this is on. Actually, during stressful times, my family just knows to put it on. For example, while fighting with my sister's hair for prom...as I am about to lose all patience, my mom just slipped it on and all was well with the world. You can constantly hear Josh and I throwing lines from this movie out in everyday conversation. And it makes no sense at all. One of my personal faves, "Yay! I'm a llama again!!!" Kronk is my favorite.

 
Did you know that this was the true story that inspired Shakespeare to write Romeo and Juliet? Well, you do now. This movie has everything I love in it. Action. Romance. Tragedy. James Franco...oh wait. Uhm...I really do love this movie for the story, the beautiful dialogue and the unhappy ending. Yes, you read that right. It kinda bugs me when every movie has a super happy ending. Real life does not work that way. I watch this if I am feeling particularly sappy or wanting a good cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment