Thursday, August 26, 2010

I have Indicisive Disorder

Day 1/30: Your Favorite Song.
It figures that the hardest question in the world for me to answer would be the first one on my little bloggy assignment. You see, I have a problem. A big one. I love music. I can find a love for almost any genre of music, artist or song. The lyrics are just as important as the melodies and I commonly refer to every song on the radio as "mine." Yes, I am that annoying girl who is always saying, "Oh my God! I LOVE this song!!!" 

Ahem. That said, just know there is absolutely no way for me to pick just.one.song. Mmmkay? So here are my top five. I told you, I cannot be trusted! I am a rebel. Sheesh. 

1. She's Everything - Brad Paisley
The moment I heard this song, I knew...it was going to be "our song" forever. Josh heard it on the radio and played it for me later that night. He told me the lyrics reminded him so much of me, and him...and us. "She's a cross around her neck, and a cuss word cause it's Monday..." Then, for my 21st birthday, we went to the Brad Paisley concert. The lights lowered, thousands of shimmery lights started bouncing off the roof and faces around us, and Josh grabbed me, in the middle of an arena full of people and slow danced with me in the tiny space in front of our seats. I cherish that moment. And this song. This is going to be our "first dance" song.
2. Cavanaugh Park- Something Corporate. 
This song. Oh...this song. I always wished and hoped that I could be one of those awesome people who could sit down at a piano and play. Anything. I am not. I took lessons. I can play with music in front of me. But I cannot create. My brain doesnt work that way. This song is just...what I wished I could be cool enough to create. Classical piano technique mixed with punk-pop vibes. L.O.V.E. This is one I always put on in my car and just blast. 
3. Love the Way You Lie - Eminem and Rihanna
I am sooooooo feelin' this song right now. I love Rihanna's raspy, controlled trills during the hook. And I love the lyrics. I can almost rap it out now too ;) Josh loves when I do that.

4. The Way I Loved You - Taylor Swift
Little Tay Tay. I am surrounded by a bunch of Taylor haters. And I just do not see how anyone could hate her. She's such a little doll. And I absolutely adore the lyrics of this song. 
5. Rain is a Good Thing - Luke Bryan
There's not a whole lot I can say about this...except I LOVE it and its fun. Super redneck country, loud and silly.

......................................................................................................................................................................
I just asked Josh his favorite song. He gave me a crazy look and said, "I don't know!" Is it possible for ANYONE to have one favorite song?

After lots of digging and much harrassing (on my part), he tore his eyes away from Madden 11 and said, *gasp!*

Simple Man - Lynrd Skynrd.
That's my Joshy. His mama used to play him this song. He wanted to learn this song the most when he started playing guitar. And he can! I love this song too...it is just so....Josh.  Understated. Honest. Real. And a little out of control in the middle : )




No comments:

Post a Comment