Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Frog Prince

Today I decided to strap myself sit down and start pumping out those dang wedding invitations that have been sitting in my "DIY room" for a month. I don't know what got into me. Maybe the fact that the laundry is all done, I had already worked out every day this week, been to the grocery store, had the day off...no more procrastination was allowed.

I propped up the laptop on my beloved Pandora (Carrie Underwood radio today...I was feeling sentimental) and got to work. And you know what? I think I came up with a system. Instead of compeltely doing one invitation at a time from start to finish, I made it more like an assembly line process to about 10 at a time: score, trace, cut, tape, fold...repeat.

This whole process was taking place in my little sister's room at my mom's house. She moved out not too long ago and left a vacant space perfect for storing wedding junk and projects that I could just come back to when I wanted instead of having to clear off the kitchen table every day. In Meghan's room are these huge built in bookshelves which are currently holding all her childhood stuffed animals. One of these animals is a large, bright green frog that I believe she won from selling Girl Scout cookies like 10 years ago.

While I was slaving away...Charlie wandered over to the bookshelf, gingerly tugged on the froggie toe hanging over the edge, dragged it to right next to my chair and cuddled up. In all honesty I was expecting him to wrestle that thing to death, but he didn't. He just cozied right up to it's big googly eyeballs and took a puppy nap. Gosh, I love that puppy. Just the company of having him in the room (and the distraction of taking his cute photo every 5 minutes) was enough to keep me trucking through 34 of those dang things. 34 doesn't seem like much, but considering they started out as flat sheets of 7x15" cardstock and are now beautiful pocketfolds...it is impressive, okay?

 Charlie isn't that impressed either...

Here he is, my little frog prince:
  

Eyeball Pillows:
  

He's almost too big for it!
  

Eventually, the exhaustion just became too much for him:
  

So cute its ridiculous. I cannot believe how attached we are to him (and him to us). Puppy love is one of the best kinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment