Friday, May 7, 2010

5 Month List

It struck me just now that I have not blogged about progress on my Knot list since the 7 month mark. The one thing from that list that I did not complete and have still yet to dive into is finding a DJ. I want our wedding music to be phenomenal...its just $1000 on music is very frustrating to me. I did edit that post so that it is all caught up now, but juuuuust to see how much I really have to do, here are the things the wedding Bible tells me I need to get completed this month!

5 MONTHS

1. Look around for local bands/DJs to provide the music for your wedding. Once you find one you like, put down a deposit to secure their services. 
(Like I mentioned above, this is the real one on the list I need to get a move on...I just cannot wrap my head around it)

2.  Choose your florist and put down a deposit. 
(This one is in the works. I have already decided on my florist, I just need to meet with her.)
05/16/10: Complete.

3. Make sure everyone in the wedding party is aware of what you expect of them -- especially your bridesmaids and groomsmen.  Provide a list of duties to the maid of honor and a to do list for the best man.

4. Book your cake baker. Write up a contract and finalize the wedding cake design you love. 

5. Finalize the reception menu with your catering manager.


6. Finalize your invitation wording. 
(This one cracks me up...I have to have completed invitations in order to have invitation wording people....)
05/16/10: Complete


7.  Reserve and finalize all wedding rentals (chair covers, sashes, etc)


8. Start planning your grooms/groomsmen attire. 


9. Book Honeymoon flights and make all other honeymoon arrangements. 
(Also hilarious...how can I plan a honeymoon when there's still so much to do with the wedding????)


10. Start addressing invitations. 
(Ha. Again with the needing completed inviations...guess that should be my number one, huh)


11. Decide on groomsmen formal wear. Take the men to get measured and to rent their formal wear.

I guess in reality, there is not that much that I need to accomplish this month as far as formal arrangements go. I finally got a huge check off the list in deciding an officiant. Now all I need are the sacred trifecta: music, flowers, cake. 

I also have an extensive list ot DIY things that I have gotten myself into, but for the sake of not trying to put myself in cardiac arrest, I will leave those for another day. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment