Saturday, May 29, 2010

Music and Confessions

Sigh. I am FINALLY catching up with my "to do" list for the wedding. And let me tell you something: it feels ah-mazing. People keep telling me I am ahead of schedule...uhm...not really, crazies! I have deduced that this can mean several things: most brides wait til the very last minute to take care of details, most people are slackers and rather than be impressed by my accomplishments, they are bitter because they cannot be as organized and on top of it as me. Ha ha. Just kidding.

After almost three months of stress about finding a DJ that did not cost us body parts or our souls, debating whether or not to do the super tacky "iPod playlist" wedding or just having no music at all and pretending to belong to a super religious group that does not allow dancing...my wonderful, adorable, forgetful fiance remembered that someone he sees and works with every.single.day is a DJ on the side. His name is Adrian. He is awesome. And already on the guestlist. Josh asked if he would be interested and his answer?
"I would love to!! This can be my wedding gift to you." That's right people. GIFT. As in, this fantastic person is offering to DJ our wedding free of charge. o.m.g. Free?!? Does that even happen??? After I rebounded from the shock of this extremely generous and selfless gift, I was so touched that someone in our lives likes us enough to even want to do something so nice to help make our day for us. I am astounded at the support we have received thus far, and it really makes me sit back and understand that these people are not only providing for a wedding. They are providing and supporting our relationship and committment to eachother. And that is something that is unmatchable.

 DJ...CHECK. I am a music junkie so it should be really fun scouring my thousands of songs trying to create a play/do not play list for the wedding. I already have a couple do nots, but I think I am going to get vetoed. ; )

  • The Chicken Dance: Okay, who really likes having this tune stuck in their head for the whole rest of the day? Not I. It pretty much equates to the "Feliz Navidad" of punishment for me. And honestly...I cannot do The Chicken Dance in a gorgeous Maggie Sottero ballgown. Call me boring if you will.
  • The Macarena: In the same sense that I don't want to do a goofy, choreographed chicken dance on my wedding day, standing around with everyone we know slapping ourselves in the belly, the butt and the head just does not appeal to me. But, Josh's fam is hispanic...so, yeah. Big.Fat.Veto. comin' my way. 
  • Cotton Eye Joe: Annoying much?
  • Thriller: I am so not an MJ hater. At all. But, all I visualize is the scene from "13 Going on 30" where the entire ballroom turns into little monsters. Uhm. Scary.

I realize I just nixed 4 of the most popular wedding day songs. And I realize that I am bing silly about it. Its just music. Of all the little details going down, people are so not going to remember dancing/not dancing to  Thriller. I guess the real point of this is, I loathe dancing. I am a white girl. WHITE. And I have absolutely no groove thing goin on. Whatever skills I may have are completely buried by the fact that anytime I get dragged on to the dance floor, I am convinced everyone is judging me: "oh wow. Did she really just do the q-tip??" Lol. Some people have nightmares of speaking in front of a crowd. I have them about dancing on my wedding day. Sad, no? Even at school dances, if I thought anyone was about to ask me to dance I would suddenly get super thirsty, or conveniently have a horrible headache. Yeah.

Josh is a dancer. He comes from a dancing family. I am having a minor heart attack right now thinking about dancing. *sigh* Of all the things to stress about...really....really. I need a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment