Sunday, May 9, 2010

Chaos!

Oh the ever growing pile of DIY projects just keeps growing! And somehow, every time I accomplish something another task seems to magically appear before my eyes. Currently, this is what my DIY room looks like:


Um. Yes. Complete and utter chaos. So many projects!

While on a (much needed) hiatus from pocketfolds, mom and I are on an everlasting mission to find the perfect stamp for the invitations. We found one we love on papersource.com which is an awesome site that has so many dreamy, crafty things on it. The stamp is called a cottage blossom but it basically looks just like the big flower on that red piece of scrapbook paper in the photo above. (The very piece of paper that has served as my wedding inspiration thus far)...The stamp itself is only $7.00, but then there is $10.00 shipping! Explain that one to me people...really....

I decided $17.00 for a stamp was a little assinine, especially considering I still had to buy ink, embossing powder and an embossing tool. So we made our way to Archivers. Archivers is a scrapbooker's paradise: full of stickers and paper and every kind of embellishment you can imagine. Before long, mom and I found a stamp that was pretty cute and talked ourselves into it. All the supplies cost about $37.00 and we got home and started playing and decided we still love the original stamp better. Go figure! So...being a retailer's nightmare, I really think I am gonna wash those stamps really well and try to return them. If I can't, I am selling those suckers on Craigslist. I am on a budget dang it...and I will stay on it!

In other wedding news, we have a HUGE check to mark off the list and I am so very excited to announce that one of our favorite people will be officiating the wedding for us! This amazing lady was actually introduced to us by my mom...because she works with her! Ms. Brandi was actually one of the main players in putting into motion the relationship my mom has now. Brandi pushed my mom to go for it and now my mom is engaged to him! Brandi and myself are kindred spirits...born under the same sign and you can tell. Since Josh and I do not belong to a church and have put it off this long, we decided that trying to find a church to call home now and getting to know the pastor there would be strained and awkward. And because it's only about 4 months away, it would really be like a stranger marrying us. Brandi has been around, hearing about Josh and I...our ups and downs...our big exciting news (my mom texted her right when we announced we got engaged and she even came to see the ring!) and everything in between and she knows us both. We love her and we are so excited to have her up there with us to seal the deal on our special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment