Sunday, May 16, 2010

Groom/ Groomsmen Attire

So after a year and a half of being engaged, and Josh being an EXCELLENT sport about everything thus far, I have finally reached a point where Josh actually is excited to put his true input into something. (Don't get me wrong, he has been amazing and excited about everything up until now also)...

The difference is, that along the way...Josh has told me on several occasions, "I am a guy honey, those two pinks look the same" or "I don't really have an opinion about flowers, I have never thought much about them honestly." And in reality, I feel like that is how most men are and I am grateful to him for pretending to care about the littlle details that he would never even have thought about. I love this man with all my heart.

So it is with great nervousness that I have finally signed over one wedding task completely to him. As the dictionary definition of a perfectionist/control freak this is a very big deal for me. But, just like I got to pick what I am wearing on the happiest day of my life, I felt like it was only right for him to get to choose what he wears. I put Josh in charge of the look of the tuxes. We agreed on the general idea: black tux, black shoes, brown tie but everything else is up to him: lapels, vest, pocket square, buttons, length, etc. I think he is really excited and so am I that he gets to have a big part in how our wedding party will look.

This whole experience, stressful as it may sometimes me, has been a dream for me because I have Josh by my side supporting me, letting me know that whatever we want we will make it happen: together. We are a team. We have been for five years. I cannot imagine spending one day without him, much less the rest of my life. I absolutely cannot wait to be his wife. The Knot says we have 138 days left. Its all coming together and so much more final now that we are finally getting to these details. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment