Friday, May 7, 2010

Guestbook

A long time ago, when all this wedding stuff was just a far off "to do"- Josh and I decided we did not like the traditional wedding guest book. You know the one: satin cover, lots of lined pages inside, matching pen in a little stand. BLAH. There are lots of reasons, besides the obvious tacky ones why we weren't interested. For one, people often forget to sign the guestbook in the first place. If they do sign it it is a scrawled signature complete with some obscure message like, "so happy for you two!" Lastly, what would we really do with a satin covered book full of people's signatures? Put it in a box, that's what.

Those ready made guestbooks also cost about $40 a piece. Not including the pen, which probably costs another $10 alone. I had thought for awhile about buying a really awesome coffee table book from Barnes and Noble and having people sign that. I think I would have chosen a book with beautiful black and white photography (a passion of mine), or maybe a book about the place where we chose to go on our honeymoon. That way, it would at least be something pretty we could leave out rather than stuff in a box. That idea got blown out the window when I could not find anything like that.

Without even thinking about it, I signed up for snapfish.com. I take a lot of photos and they are eating up the memory on the laptop. My intention was to store all my photos here so if the computer ever crashed, nothing would be lost. I spent a day uploading all seven billion photos that I have and pretty much forgot about it. The next day, I received an email from snapfish that they were running specials all through April. Just as a customer appreciation thing. The first special they sent me was for an 8x12 full color photo book. For ten dollars!

I booked it over to the site and fiddled with the book for probably two hours. I wanted it to be just right. I decided to put the lyrics to one of our wedding songs throughout the pages and used our engagement photos and pics of us taken when we were just tiny and dating. It came out so beautifully. Everyone who has seen it raves about it. It is one of my very favorite wedding details. My mom likes to listen to the song while she flips the pages...its very sweet. And for the price, it is a dream come true. I really do not think I could have liked any other guestbook better!

 

We are putting it on a table with a wooden cut out of the word, "WISH"...and making a cute little sign that will say something like, "please share the best love advice you have ever received or your wishes for Josh and Christy's future."

 

The guests will sign in silver sharpies. Across the black and white pages, it will look classy and I cannot wait to display our beautiful guestbook after the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment