Monday, February 15, 2010

Wedding Photographer

People often tell me that if Josh and I can get through wedding planning without killing each other, we will have a successful marriage that feels like a breeze. I did not want to go into this journey with that attitude, but truthfully, it seems to be the case sometimes. A lot of wedding planning is very overwhelming, stressful and time consuming. When we first began, I had no idea where to even start. I ended up doing things quite out of order from what I have seen. But it worked for me and I couldn't be happier right now.

When Josh proposed to me, I was working as a manager at a horrible children's birthday party place. I knew that was not what I wanted to do for the rest of my life...(or another day for that matter). I stuck it out there for about another month and then got a job as a photographer at a portrait studio. Often in my past jobs, the only thing that has saved my sanity is having awesome co-workers around me. This proved, once again, to be the case at the portrait studio. There were only 4 employees there and I quickly developed friendships with each of them. I had done some photography before I began working there, but I started learning so many new things and to this day, I consider the girls I worked with there as 2 of my closest friends. As a matter of fact, the first wedding planning step I took was asking one of my co-workers to photograph my wedding.

Photographs are one of the most important aspects of any wedding, and tons of brides are very particular...I am just about as picky as you can get when it comes to pictures. Since I have worked as a photographer, I know exactly what kind of shots I would take at a wedding and I know exactly what photos I want to have of my big day. It was for that reason that I chose Marci to be my photographer. She has an amazing eye and is just starting out with her own business. I figured, I would love to further her career and I am positive she will do a great job for me. Marci is also the one who took our engagement photos and I would recommend her to anyone. If you are a Colorado bride and would like to check out her amazing work, go to:
marcijphotography.com

I am so happy with my choice of photographer and of all the things I am worried and stressed about with this wedding, I know my wedding photos are one thing I will not lose any sleep over.

1 comment:

  1. I love you! Thank you soooo much for this and let me say how much I'm looking forward to your wedding and I swear I will try not cry and take pictures at the same time.. Professional, I'm a professional!

    ReplyDelete