Friday, September 10, 2010

Photo Journey

I am totally cheating with this assignment. But the way I see it is: its my blog...and I can do whatever I want! :)

These are the things I am condensing into one post. Because they're all photos. Makes sense to me!
Day 7 - a photo that makes you happy
Day 8 - a photo that makes you angry/sad
Day 9 - a photo you took
Day 10 - a photo taken over 10 years ago of you
 
A photo that makes me happy:
Oh looking back at this little pumpkin just melts me. This is Charlie the week we brought him home. 8 weeks old. It is hard to believe he was ever so tiny. I was giving him my "look" because he had just discovered that eating my hair was super fun (hence the hood). Look at his face! He is such a mischievous, adorable little critter. 

A photo that makes me angry/sad:
 
I absolutely cannot fathom that this horrendous day was already nine years ago. Nine. I was 15 years old. I remember vividly sitting in the cafeteria at my school on an off hour. Suddenly, the TVs turned on and began streaming information. We literally sat there and watched the 2nd plane fly into the south tower. That's how fast we were alerted to this event. After that, it was a blur. I know we were sent home that day. My mom came to get us and was crying. I did not really grasp the severity of it all until I went home and was barraged with floods of images of smoke, firefighters, and death. As sad and angry as this photo makes me...it also bolsters me. I will never forget the swell of pride I felt to watch the country raise up to this tragedy. We united, supported and loved each other for a long time after that. My brother became a firefighter and later went on to join the ARMY because of this day. It changed us all. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the day and I really hope that all the political drama can dry up for one day to remember all those who were lost. God Bless America.

A photo I took:
 
I take lots of photos. I am a wannabe photographer. I could have picked any of hundreds. This is one of my most recent. It is a bloom from my mom's clematis plant. It makes me feel anchored, calm and serene. Which is a good thing after the above photo. Plus, I love purple. This is currently my desktop photo. 

A photo of me taken over 10 years ago:
 
:) I thought this was appropriate for this blog. My wedding blog. This is me when I was probably about 5 years old...as a bride for halloween. My mom made that dress for me. the next year, she dyed it yellow the next year and I was Belle from Beauty and the Beast. She's just super creative like that. I only hope I can look as radiant and utterly carefree and happy on my real wedding day...which is only 21 days away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment