Monday, April 12, 2010

Shopping Success

Last week, as I was freaking out about all the DIY stuff I have gotten myself into, I had an epitome. My wedding colors are obviously brown, with pops of aqua blue and pomegranate pink. I figure, I could do my candy buffet for SUPER cheap if I just waited until after Easter and  bought some candy then. Chocolate doesn't go bad! I plan on keeping it down in the basement until the wedding. What I've bought so far is about 10 bags of Hershey Kisses (wrapped in cute blue and pink wrappers...mom and I have to take one for the team and eat the green wrapped ones...darn) and 10 bags of gorgeous pink M&Ms...for $13 bucks! Normally, those custom color M&Ms cost like $7 for a 7 oz bag!

I also went to Ross today and found some really awesome glass vases for my candy buffet. I got two big ones and a medium sized one for $10.00!!! I am happy I am finding deals with all this, I may just be able to pull it off after all!!! I will just have to keep looking at all the Ross Stores throughout Denver and hopefully I can pull together enough different vases to make my candy buffet look awesome!

I have also found soem amazing online deals for buying candy in bulk. I am going to wait for a lot closer to the wedding to order most of it (like gummy candies) because I want it to be fresh on the big day. So far, my favorite sites are:
http://www.candywarehouse.com/
They sell EVERYTHING, even by color. I am definitely going to go this route for my "rock candy." They have tons of different colors and flavors, and I just think rock candy is so nostalgic and pretty.

http://www.candydirect.com/http://www.candydirect.com/
Also has tons of every kind of candy you can imagine. I love this place because they will do free shipping on any order over $65.00. That is a HUGE deal! 

I am thinking in total, this little candy buffet escapade is going to cost me about $150. That is not bad at all when you consider most cheapy little wedding favors most people do cost about that much and just end up in the trash or a junk drawer anyway. I mean, who really wants a wine bottle stopper with "Josh and Christy October 1, 2010" etched on it? Uhm, no one!

I have been at work every day this week, and as happy as I am to be working...sometimes I forget how long seven hours can feel in 4 inch heels. Oh well, I am getting lots of practice for the wedding! I also forgot, since I have not been out in public in so long, how many compliments I get on my ring! I mean...I know its gorgeous but it is so nice to hear other people say it!

I got my completed wedding guest book from Snapfish.com yesterday. It is SO gorgeous and I love it and it only cost me $10! Once I figure out where my camera is after the move I will take some pictures of it and post them. I am absolutely in love with it. Josh and I were introduced to a song by my mom that we are going to ask one of our great friends to perform at the ceremony. I wanted to incorporate the beautiful song in more ways than one, so throughout our guestbook is the lyrics to that song. I am hoping people will flip through it at the reception and connect the dots that "oh! These are the lyrics to their wedding song!"

Here is the song, for anyone who cares to listen:
The lyrics are remiscent of the famous 1st Corinthians verse, but Josh and I have been through so much together, something just touches my soul everytime I hear it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment