Thursday, April 22, 2010

More Reeling over the Steelers

I know this is not wedding related AT all. But it is Christy related...and what is the point of having a blog if you cannot throw some personality into it? I have been a teensy bit slow keeping up with everything lately, since I started working again.

When I was online earlier, I made sure to check on the status of my Steelers, since the 2010 Draft began today. I was extremely saddened to learn that my precious Willie Parker has been traded to the Washington Redskins. As devastated as I am about him going *anywhere* that particular team actually makes me chuckle a little bit.

I am what you might call a "loather" of the Denver Broncos. I have never been a fan, and it is so annoying year after year to be stuck in a state where there are SO MANY fairweather fans. Literally, in this city: if the Broncos are winning, people "have loved them [their] whole lives" and will support them with crazed enthusiasm. But Heaven forbid they lose a game, get knocked out of the running in the playoffs or hire a coach that will not tolerate his FOOTBALL players being whiny prima donnas. Then its, "thanks a lot Josh McDaniels for screwing us over" or "those refs were bogus. The Broncos have always sucked." and these people who were swearing up and down the week before that they are diehard fans are spitting insults and hiding their Bronco flags inside a drawer. It is ridiculous. Disgusting. So.So.So.Annoying.

Anyway,  last year, longtime Broncos coach Mike Shanahan was FIRED (for not winning enough games for these poisonous "fans"). This year, he'll be coaching the Redskins. I laughed myself silly when I heard this. Denver fans hate the Redskins. I am not sure why. Then the Redskins signed Donovan McNabb. Then Willie Parker. And now, I am revoking my previous prediction of the Jets in the SuperBowl and replacing that prediction with the Redskins. I am just going to have to sit back and watch this coming year as they make it all the way. I have a feeling. I am not going to lie, I will be cracking up when Denver is crying about how Shanahan should still be in Denver when that happens. :) Evil? Maybe just a little.

In other news: the shameful mess that is my QB right now. Ben, Ben, Ben. *sigh* I guess this guy never learns. I am aware that football players and celebrities in general typically do lots of morally disgusting things and get away with it simply because they are famous. I am also aware that there are people in this world who target those celebrities and try to make money off them with some story about how they were raped, violated, etc. What I am not aware of is why Ben Roethlisberger would put himself in a situation where this would even be an issue in the first place. I mean, a 16 year old girl in a bar? Really? Makes me question his character. I do not know what really happened, but I am HAPPY that Ben has been placed on suspension for SIX (regular season) games. Roger Goodell was not messing around with this one, probably because he has been in trouble before. I am happy because it sends a good message. That just because you're famous you do NOT get to do whatever the hell you want with no consequence. I am unhappy because I was hoping for a better season this year and this will probably not help that cause.

Well...I am sure no one really cares about the goings-on in the world of the Pittsburgh Steelers besides me, but in closing, I am in mourning over the loss of my beloved #39. I really do not think my team will look right without him. :(

  
I will be missing you Buddy! But you can bet I'll be keepin' up with the Redskins this year!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment