Monday, April 5, 2010

Oh, Happy Day!

The last several days have been so unbelieveably amazing. I really think my winter depression is melting away more and more with each sunny day. It happens every year: winter seems to drag on forever, I feel like if I wake up to gloomy gray skies one more time I will go stark raving mad, my legs are albino white from not seeing the sun for 5 months....its just blahhhh.

When I woke up last week on the day of my first dress viewing it was sunny! There were birds chirping! The whole day was a huge blessing and success. I feel so confident and happy with my choices of the girls who will be standing next to me on my big day. Each one of them is such a blessing to me and brings such a new light and persepective to this whole planning process. It was so nice to be able to have some girl time...and they all loved my very (big!) dress!!!! For those of you who have been paying attention: I lost 5 pounds in two weeks, working my butt off. The dress slid right on like it was made for me (which it was hehe) and it looked SO good. Probably the best news I got all day was because of how well the dress fit, if I bought high enough shoes, I would not have to pay $250 for a hem!!! Granted, that means trucking through my wedding day in 4" heels, but from a girl who used to walk 10,000 steps a day in shoes that high as the manager extraordinare at  children's birthday facility....I think I'll survive. I do have to look for a petticoat to hold my skirt up nice and pretty...but the one my bridal shop offers is $60 and that's just not gonna fly! Craigslist!

Because my amazing best friends are so awesome, we also went on the search for the bridesmaid dresses! Ironically enough, after searching through racks and racks, the girls decided they loved the dress that was originally the one I wanted them to wear! Its a super cute dress that I think they will all be able to keep in their closets and wear again to dinner functions and such. Its a Mori Lee. Tea length. taffeta. bubble hem. strapless. SUPER flattering to all of them! They are wearing it in "Espresso" and my girls and I decided to try to find them some super cute 1940s-esque platform pumps in that ever elusive shade of pomegranate that I love so much.

We had a wonderful Easter...we went to spend it with Josh's family and it was so nice. I love how close knit that family is and how many of them there are. I always wished a had a big family with lots of cousins growing up and it makes me smile that my kids will have so many people to love and support them. :)

Charlie decided to lick a Coke can that was left sitting on the ground and sliced his tongue open. After bleeding all over me for five minutes, he took a drink of water and was fine...its always drama with this puppy! I cannot even imagine how it is with children!

However, as great as all of this was....I began a new job today!!!!!!!! It is just part time, counter assistant type work...but it feels SO amazing to be a functioning member of society again. I am happy to say, my feet are a little sore today after a seven hour shift! I missed work. I am a working girl....I LOVE to work. Most people might call me crazy for hating sitting at home doing nothing but basically being a "housewife" the last couple months, but that is just SO not me. Most people also think I'm crazy because I love working in customer service/retail. Its just my niche. Its what I'm good at...I'm a people person, and I have missed people!!!

I guess this is where 2010 starts goin my way *knock on wood* and I must say, my way feels pretty.dang.good.

No comments:

Post a Comment