Monday, June 28, 2010

Surf and Turf Wedding!

Josh and I went to the Double Tree on Sunday to taste lots of yummy food and finalize alllllll the little reception details that we had yet to discuss. We had so.much.fun! I seem to remember being all over-zealous and promising photos of the yummy food. Well, this girl has some serious A.D.D when there are delicious things to eat around as well as four different kinds of wine for sampling and tons of lit candles everywhere! *heart*

When we walked in we met with our (adorable) catering and event manager, Shannon. She has been an absolute dream for us and this whole wedding planning process. She holds up amazingly well under the seemingly endless barrage of questions we put her through. She walked us into a conference room completely decked out to look like our wedding day. Round table, ivory linens, candles...we even got to select a napkin fold (from 8 different ones!) I really did not even know you could fold a napkin more than two ways!

While we sat down, the catering lead and the chef came in and basically gave us table-side service. While I was expecting to love the Chardonnay Chicken, it was actually my least favorite. It was good...just not as good as the other things we sampled.

I was extremely suspect of the salmon having a tomato-based sauce. It was ah-mazing. It was so savory and moist and flaky. It just fell apart with your fork and melted in your mouth. Mm! Josh was drooling all over his plate when they brought out the beef tenderloin we had selected in place of a sample of Prime Rib. It was also so delicious. The chef had prepared it perfectly: medium rare. It seems to me, that every wedding I have ever been to the food is too fussy. Trying to hard. No familiar flavors. Well, on my wedding day (even though I am sure I won't really be eating) comfort food seems like the perfect answer.

We selected:
A garden salad with a choice of house made Ranch and Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Salmon with garlic-mushroom orzo and steamed veggies.  
Pepper crusted Beef tenderloin medallions with garlic cheddar mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.

All that combined with a pretty pink champagne punch to be passed during our cocktail hour, kegs of both Coors Original and Blue Moon (gotta represent Colorado with the beer!) and chocolate covered strawberries on each cake plate. YAY! We are spoiled. Shannon even gave us plenty of choices for the kids' plates. (we have about 20 kids coming) and we decided to serve chicken fingers to them. What kid doesn't love chicken fingers???

I am so happy that we now have the final details to finish our invites. I can finally make our RSVP cards that say: Beef or Salmon :) Now I have no more reason to procrastinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment