Saturday, June 26, 2010

Food? Okay!

We are up (way too early for a Saturday, I might add) to go to the tasting for our reception. This is also our meeting where we discuss and finalize all the little details going into the reception.

I am so very excited and hope to create the kind of wedding recception you see in the movies. Dark table cloths, candlelight, twinkly Christmas lights, Chinese lanterns, etc.

I narrowed our food options down to three:
1. Chardonnay Chicken: sauteed chicken with artichoke hearts and shrimp in a lemon Chardonnay reduction, served with wild rice. (YUM! This is the one I am expecting to like the most, it sounds a lot like my favorite meal ever, chicken piccata)

2. Grilled Salmon: served over a bed of linguine and tossed with a tomato based cream sauce.
(I am very skeptical about this one. To me, salmon is not something to be served with pasta and especially not something to put in tomato sauce. However, I think salmon is a classy option and we have the ability to ask the chef to prepare it in a different way if we want....we shall see)

3. Prime Rib: with natural juices and horseradish cream sauce, served with potatoes.
(I am positive this is the one Josh will choose. He is a red meat man to the core. I wanted to give people options...so I think red meat and chicken or fish is fine)

My nerdy self actually plans to take photos of the food to share on here, that way my guests can see what they're eating before the day of! I have been to some weddings where I could not even remember what I ordered, much less how it was going to be prepared.

Wish us luck...we already know we're good at eating. We just need to get better at deciding!

No comments:

Post a Comment